NETWORK—a Catholic leader in the global movement for justice and peace—educates, organizes and lobbies for economic and social transformation.
ABOUT US (Our Values and What We Do)
Founded by Catholic sisters in the progressive spirit of Vatican II, NETWORK works to create a society that promotes justice and the dignity of all in the shared abundance of God’s creation.
Inspired by our founders and the leadership of the women who followed, we faithfully embody Gospel justice as we ignite hope in the world. We are rooted in the Catholic social justice tradition and open to all who share our passion.
Believing in the power of community, our Spirit-filled network of justice-seekers shapes federal policies to be consistent with the values we hold:
- A just society includes all and values people over the accumulation of profits.
- We work to change structures that cause poverty and inequality, placing the needs of people at the economic margins and excluded at the center of our advocacy.
- We work for a federal budget that benefits everyone and a just tax system that ensures that all pay their fair share.
- We work to ensure inclusion of everyone in our economy and democracy.
- A just society ensures that all people – the 100% – have what they need to live dignified lives.
- We work for justly compensated jobs and quality healthcare for all.
- We work to protect the rights of immigrants and all who struggle at the margins.
- We work for affordable housing, food assistance and safety-net programs for all who need them.
- A just society recognizes that we live in an interconnected world.
- We work for nonviolent solutions to conflict.
- We work to alleviate unequal burdens created by climate change.
- We work for trade policies that are rooted in justice and that protect all.
NETWORK Education Program is the 501(c)3 arm of NETWORK—a Catholic leader in the global movement for justice and peace, which educates, organizes and lobbies for economic and social transformation.
Through faith-based educational resources  and programs  related to public policy, NETWORK Education Program (NEP) inspires people to envision a society that promotes justice and the dignity of all in the shared abundance of God’s creation.
Founded by Catholic sisters in the progressive spirit of Vatican II, NEP is rooted in the Gospel, Catholic Social Teaching , and social justice tradition, and is open to all who share our passion. NEP seeks to build a Spirit-filled network of justice-seekers who shape federal policies to be consistent with Catholic social tradition through nonpartisan issues analysis, skills development for responsible citizenship, and faith reflection on political ministry.
NEP works in partnership with its 501(c)(4) sister organization NETWORK, A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby . Most recently, we have become well known for our NETWORK Nuns on the Bus tours .